New Game - MIDAIR

The_Horny_Rat

Since Legions, is pretty much dead.
Why make a new game that is similar to Legions?:confused:
This new game, will it be more fun, or more customizable by players, like tribes?

Fixious

Test Lead
Because they (devs) will be free to do what they want. For the time being there's no giant entity(IAC) saying what they can and can't do. This was pointed out long ago in one of the first blog posts regarding the new project. I'm also not really expecting the game to be very similar to Legions, other than jet packs and some form of skiing. The things that made Legions so unique (downjets, overdrive) likely won't be featured, both because they wouldn't work with the physics they're going after, and the fact that some of them weren't too fond of overdrive in general.

I'm not expecting more customization. In fact I'm expecting a lot less compared to Legions, because they are taking a more business-like approach and will likely have some kind of in-game marketplace with cosmetic items to purchase. They have confirmed that there will be a public map editor though, which is great.

(moving this discussion to the other thread)

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Since Legions, is pretty much dead.
Why make a new game that is similar to Legions?:confused:
This new game, will it be more fun, or more customizable by players, like tribes?

Hey Defender,
First off, thanks for your questions. Our new game will be similar to Legions in that it is an FPS+Z, which is the genre that we all know best (since nearly everyone on the team has been playing Tribes/Legions for years) and one that no game is currently filling the need for. We are (obviously) aiming to make the best game we can and of course it's going to be more fun! As for customization, it's something we haven't totally announced just yet, so be sure to stay tuned for that!

You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter and/or sign up for our Mailing List on our Website to be sure that you get all the latest news as we announce it!

Fixious

Test Lead
New Grenade Launcher and Chaingun images.

Grenade Launcher

3-1030x579.png

2-1030x579.png

1-1030x579.png

Chaingun:

33-1030x579.png

22-1030x579.png

chaingun-1030x579.png

Application-1

test bester
Yeah I have to agree with that. Project z sounds a lot better than midair but a games name does not matter at all for me. But when you tell your friends HEY lets us go play some midair! It sounds like as if you are in some nerf gun commercial.

Fixious

Test Lead
In a time when we're flooded by terrible zombie games, Project Z really wasn't a good choice for a name. I'm not in love with Midair, but it's infinitely better than the atrociously generic Project Z, which has always been a placeholder. I'd like to see the list of other names they had in mind, though.

57thEnryu

I actually like it, its simplistic and conveys where the actions in that game are envisioned to take place: mid-air

That and for what I have seen the art style is kinda like a mix between tf2 and overwatch, so the simplicity fits for me.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
  • REQUIEM OF A DOWNJAT
  • DOWNJAT TO THE FUTURE
  • THE USUAL DOWNJAT
  • 50 SHADES OF DOWNJAT
  • THE YOUNG AND THE DOWNJAT
  • TOTAL DOWNJAT
  • DOWNJAT RELOADED
  • LORD OF THE DOWNJATS
  • ONCE UPON A DOWNJAT
  • THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE DOWNJAT
WHO LEAKED THIS LIST?!

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I don't know, maybe I've been playing too many Japanese console titles lately, but I kinda like the 'feather and spikes'-aesthetic of that game.

As for 'Midair' as a title, my first thought is a snowboarding 'trick'-style game. I would've just went with 'Jet Troopers', if you were going for simplicity.

Personally, I would've just went with a Rush album/song title. 'Hemispheres' or 'Vapor Trails', for example. Seems to me a lot of the old Tribers loved their Rush, and I'm sure they'd appreciate a nod to their favourite Progressive Rock band.

Last edited: