Mice

Pure

Dude unless you play WoW or StarCraft whatever mouse you buy will work I had a logitech mouse that cost less than €20 and then I got one which a thermaltake which cost like €80 I reallly don't see that much of a difference, I mean if like to have a mouse with lights and adjustable weight and all the useless crap go for it.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
that's a good point, he never said what he's mostly going to be using it for. intense/hardcore gaming or just for an everyday basic use.
Meh... He's on L:O forums... Suppose it's for some level of gaming anyways.

There is no justification for a mouse to cost 100$.

Ever.

The technology is ancient, anything over 5 buttons is more or less in the way.
Dpi adjusting is there for every damn gaming mouse starting from 10$ (not razer because *dance* logic @ 80$ mouse).
E-peen swinging with big DPI numbers is gay.
Materials? The more exotic the more *danced* up it will look after a year.
The weighting is a joke.
Laser vs optical? Unless you are using it on SeymourGore's shiny bald head it doesn't matter.
Depending on your hand size you might have problems with bigger mice... So that's something but the 100$ monsters are usually the huge ones. And plastic really doesn't cost that much.
The wire breaks on every damn mouse after 5 years whatever you do. It's god damn copperwire, it's not designed to move 24/7.
Gold plated anything might grow your e-peen or give you an actual hardon but that's about it.

Bottom line:
You get used to any mouse in few hours of use. Just get something that doesn't look like a sexually confused transformer and is about the size/shape your hand can fucntion on.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
I feel like a mouse may have abused RR somewhere along the line.
I'm generally pissed off at prices in the name of "gaming". The quality is generally even worse than your common hardware. Prices are generated by popularity. I loved when I watched SteelSeries siberia v2 jump from 50€ to 70€ recommended price afer a year of good sales. Not touching those again anyways. The earbuds are second grade and wear off in 3 years completely. Razer was THE THING to get at one point. 100$ a pop. Complete rubbish. Most mice did't last a year and were no different in "performance" than the rest apart from that spoon shape. (wich is *chocolate cookies* anyways as it kinda only fits on one hand size)

Last edited:

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
At a price of £25, the Roccat Lua, which I bought some time ago is a fantastic deal! It looks great and has a matt anti-slip texture on the outer shell, pro-optic sensor, 7 DPI settings, as-well as an ambidextrous design for both left and right-hand users. Not to forget the pulsing Roccat logo at the end of the mouse! Hasn't yet been subjected to hardcore gaming, but I really doubt it'd let me down even then.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Look it all depends what you want from a gaming mouse. I brought my Rat7 mainly because I could customize the different pieces to make it fit my hand so that it is still comfortable after several house of constant use. It just helped that the the mouse itself came fully programmable with the software being excellent to use. I probably paid too much for what it is but I know many corsair mouses look good and are reasonably priced and offer you good software support so I'd say go for one of them.

scoot

Just: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G4..._JoysticksJoypadsGamepads&hash=item3f2bb2c407

/thread

Anyone says you'll need any other mouse ever for anything has no idea what they're talking about.

Edit: Or actually... That G500 seeing the price. Why not.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G5...602-/310699740888?pt=Mice&hash=item485725ced8

The price on those including shipping is about the same.

Both of these are wonderful, but I find the g500 more comfortable (medium sized hands).

Armageddon

Teapot
Just bought another RAT 7 in white to match my new gear, while everyone has their own opinion on mice i've loved the RATs since i got my first RAT3. It's got a lot of bells and whistles which are way over priced but it does have things i really enjoy like the thumb and pinky rests, the software is meh.. alright and has macro ability. The DPI really doesn't make a difference to me from a 5600 to 8400 i couldn't tell. Price wise it's a money suck, but the quality is there, just not for 100+ usd.

My first 7 was 65.00 and my new one was 120.00 just 2-3 years later.