More moderate Signature Cap

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Thus far, I've seen a few sigs that are rather large. I mean, I'm fine with sigs the size of mine or so if the background color of the sig matches the background of the forum, but if it doesn't match the color or if its larger, its just really distracting...

I guess I just hate seeing posts with people posting one sentence and having a sig that's many times that line's height.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
In my personal opinion, I would prefer things not be that tall... I prefer to see sigs as more like banners that are no larger than 2-3 lines of text...

I guess its a personal opinion...

I'd have to agree. Signatures can get seriously distracting, especially when they contrast with the background. :[ The size limit on IA's forum seemed to work well.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
If I may reference the OP, "if the background color of the sig matches the background of the forum." I don't mind white based ones that are somewhat larger, but if its red/black/dark blue/other dark color based, its really eye catching and is just a hard difference from the rest of the forum. If we had a black theme instead, I'm sure your sig wouldn't bug me as much, but since we don't yet...

I guess we really should just have a max size, because I don't think one exists yet...

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I would have to agree, a signature cap would be nice. Personally, I think Enryu's is too large and Volt's is just about right, but that's just me. We already have a cap in avatar size, and a signature cap would make topics look a lot cleaner.

A2

Basically, a sig looks at it's best at a general size of 500x180 (or less height). It's just my opinion.
Enryu, don't get me wrong here, but you can make better sigs at smaller sizes. And your sig is 576x216. And as you can see, it's a bit big.
I think even mine occcupies some space, but I will remove the bottom one soon.
I demand (whether <3 or </3) signature size restrictions.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I would say yours is a good, Jazcash, though I'm not on firefox so I can't see exact properties.

57thEnryu

Thats the only other size I had on photobucket without editing it on my comp (dont realy have time right now, working on a 8-10 page essay thats 85% done...)

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I already know mine is too big, I'll work on reducing its size in a few hours, I'm too busy right now to do anything about it

I'd agree with setting the signature limit to the same as it was on the old IA forums.
(Partly because all of my already made sigs are tailored to fit within that limit. :D )

Well, that's good to hear.
Although, why my sig is the right size when left on it's own, because I want some text as well, looks like I shall have to make a new one.