Desktop Backgrounds

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
redesign if anyone cares:

GW3Zc.jpg

Propkid

redesign if anyone cares:

Are you left handed? Just wondering cos I seem to have my mouse control reflexes better when moving my arm inwards ie. to the left, and your taskbar is on the right.

Know that if you say yes the next time I'll be playing an FPS I'll end up sneaking on people from their right side :p

Also thumbs up for keeping the desktop simple and clean.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I'm left handed and have the bar at the bottom on PC's and the left on macs.

Anyways, fire, what rainmeter skin are you using?

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Are you left handed? Just wondering cos I seem to have my mouse control reflexes better when moving my arm inwards ie. to the left, and your taskbar is on the right.

Know that if you say yes the next time I'll be playing an FPS I'll end up sneaking on people from their right side :p

Also thumbs up for keeping the desktop simple and clean.

Not left handed no, is on the right hand side of the two monitors as I use the left monitor for most gaming applications so it makes sense to have the second screen holding the taskbar. Also agreed about keeping the desktop clean from rubbish, though I am planning on adding some shortcuts etc at the bottom of the rainmeter skin as they actually fit there quite well.

Anyways, fire, what rainmeter skin are you using?

Implosion 2 I think, not exactly mainstream though, offers very little in the terms of features so might be tough to find again.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Got bored with old one, added a nice little application called OpenHardwareMonitor to show me temps n' stuff

c3Bih.jpg

Xzanth

Legions Developer
How is Arch Linux? I am really disappointed with the latest Ubuntu release and I'm thinking about installing Arch on another partition.
Personally, arch linux is a great, lightweight, minimalist distro. It is a considerable step up from ubuntu or windows in terms of user input required to get to a familiar desktop environment, if that's what is desired, but the documentation to accompany all of the set up and a lot of the packages is excellent. The wiki makes it simple for anyone who has a fair amount of experience with linux to use it and a great learning experience to anyone who doesn't. Because of it's minimalism the large amount of choices available after setting up can be pretty daunting to newer users, but if you are prepared to invest the time you can end up with exactly what you want.
Likin' ur style. Do you actually use the terminal or do you just have it up to look pro? :3
Thanks, yeah I use the terminal a lot, especially considering my file manager of choice (ranger) and my text editor of choice (vim) are both terminal based. In fact the only reason my terminal is up there on the desktop is to run scrot, a screenshot program.