Modification Suggestion Thread

3lionz

Legions Developer
The point of this thread is to give projects and inspiration to modders and allowing users to request their mods all in one place, so that ideas can be shared built upon, collaborated and reserved.

Any suggestions will be placed in this post. If you wish to claim an idea, PM me so that I can mark it as "in progress".
(Any completed mods from this list will also be linked.)

Ideas will be ordered by popularity (Likes. Good luck likeho's).

Start making your Suggestions!

Key:
Mod = Suggestion
Mod = In Progress
Mod = Looking for collaborators
Mod = Deadpooled
Mod = Completed

Client Side Mods:
In-game Mod Loader
Changing ret on sniper zoom

Numeric Health/Energy Bars (0%-100%) - Volt is working on this mod.

Legions Heavy - Completed! V2.0! Add more detail to legions. Link

Voice Packs:

Server Side Mods:

Combine Cores - Ability to equip more than one core
EMP grenades/core - Reduce energy of those within blast radius
Speed Core - "Nullifies all armor and drag to give you pure speed when you need it."
Spawn beacon - A deploy-able (or core?) that allows you to choose your next spawnpoint.
Skin Selection - Link to Page - Looking for GUI programmer. - PM Volt

Cores:
Dimension Core - Sends you and enemies in radius to another (randomly selected? Custom small?) map. You are returned after one dies/time limit expires.
Warning: Lots of controversy of whether this can be done without it being a lagfest! Read further on in thread for more info.
Fog Core - Throws out fog that lasts 10 seconds on an area of 50m."
Explosion Core - "Suicide core that deals the health remaining to those around user OR half damage of remaining life, without dying (Costs energy)."
Berserk/kamikaze core - Overdrive like effect that causes considerable damage (saps from HP pool)
Overcharge Core - Increase energy pool by X percent
AnchorCore - Locks you in place and increases damage by X percent.
Recharge Core - Increases recharge rate by X percent.
Reload Core - Reloads X weapon(s) by Y amount over Z time. (Yay algebra!) OR - Extra ammo on respawn.
Wall core - "A clear wall a little bigger than the actual player forms in front of the player... the user won't be allowed to shoot while activated ...if a player hits them it will act just like if the hit a tower, loosing health and speed." (Time limit on shield use with energy/health cost and cooldown.)​
Shield Core - Completed!
Stealth Core- Reduce detection range/transparency/jets shortened etc. Needs engine support.
Power Core - Increase damage of weapon(s) for a duration. Needs engine support.
Ghost Core - Ability to pass through solid objects (including projectiles), drains from HP, falling through ground is fatal. Need engine support.
AnchorCore - Locks you in place and increases damage by X percent. Needs engine support.
Link Core - Full details here. Need engine support.
HUD Mods:

Map Mods:
Aftermath
Project Odssey

Game Types:

Completed Mods:
Skin Selection - Still needs a GUI programmer!
Shield Core - Core that takes damage to energy rather than health.
Legions Heavy - Completed V2.0! Add more detail to legions. (On Hiatus) Link

Resources:
Guide to Install Modifications
Intro to Torquescript
Public Code Snippets
How to Mod Skins
DTS tutorial

stefygraff

Private Tester
All volt clientside mods should be there. And defender's "meltdown" is very nice

when it comes to maps... We need to wait until we get more creations realeased.

Great thread! sticky!

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Numeric bars ought to be possible. I mean, everything works with numbers in the first place, so proper scripting ought to do it. I'm working on something now, but I may look into that afterwards.

EDIT: in-game mod loaders aren't possible so far as I know. Mods aren't loaded as the last thing when legions loads. They are somewhere in the middle and to load them at runtime would stick them at the end. I suppose doing this with certain ones might work, but I have serious doubts. If nothing else, the game would basically have to reload itself with the new settings which would be... interesting...

EDIT 2: changing the ret on sniper zoom I'm certain is possible. It's actually a matter of switching frames in the same image just as you would with things like the cluster. You'd have to design a custom function in the sniperRifle.cs file, but I'm sure it could be done.

3lionz

Legions Developer
Just to clear this up, this is a thread for suggesting NEW mods, not advertising old ones ;)
(May add resorces for new modders later)

Although, that being said, we do need a new mod "list".

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Well, I guess I could go ahead an put down Skin Selection. I did some basic coding on this already. I'm working on a little something atm that'll get me more aquainted with server/client communications so hopefully I'll be better off working on that after I finish. Unless someone else does the GUI for it, it'll just be console commands. For instance, typing printHeads(); into the console, it'll print out a list of the available heads. printSkins() will print the available skins. setHead(<loadout>,<head name>) and setSkin(<loadout>,<skin name>) will set which thing you so choose. saveSkins() will save the current options for Sentinel, OR, and Raider into a .txt which could be modified at any time. The code components are:

Client
  • Handle console functions
  • Handle file I/O
  • Send data to server
Server
  • Remove default skin selection
  • Receive data from clients (set to default colors if no data received)
  • Set players to chosen skins
Without a GUI, I should be able to finish it myself (though help would be appreciated, probably from the Fallen Development team). If FD does it, we'll probably add a GUI in-game in addition to my rather blan looking console commands :p The thing I'm working on right now though (if you're not one of the few that already know what I'm doing now, you won't know until release) has highest priority though. Also, I'd like to do some additional work on my Status Pack and Legions Aero. Not to mention finishing LTS. I'm busy lol. If someone else would like to take up the task, that'd be nice. If not, I (and thus FD) will probably get around to it eventually.

Wuzgud

Legions Developer
Unless someone else does the GUI for it, it'll just be console commands.
I'll be happy to work on a GUI for you. Especially if it will help get a much-desired feature like this out sooner. PM me details perhaps.

3lionz - If you'd like to, go ahead and put down Legions Heavy as Mod = In Progress / Accepting Collaborators (under Client-Side Mods). Good idea to make this thread, by the way.

57thEnryu

I'll be happy to work on a GUI for you. Especially if it will help get a much-desired feature like this out sooner. PM me details perhaps.

3lionz - If you'd like to, go ahead and put down Legions Heavy as Mod = In Progress / Accepting Collaborators (under Client-Side Mods). Good idea to make this thread, by the way.
legions heavy, as in higher graphics legions? Ive been working on making higher quality dts models myself, but I'm still experimenting. Starting off with a head (no animations) then moving on to a weapon (simple animations), then a full character (complicated animations). If you looking for ppl, sign me up as a model/artist guy,.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
legions heavy, as in higher graphics legions? Ive been working on making higher quality dts models myself, but I'm still experimenting. Starting off with a head (no animations) then moving on to a weapon (simple animations), then a full character (complicated animations). If you looking for ppl, sign me up as a model/artist guy,.

:D Legions heavy is intended to make legions look nicer so yeah, dts goes into that category.

Wuzgud

Legions Developer

I'd be happy to have you on board, Enryu. I will PM you in a bit.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Just an update, I have finished the console version of the skin selector. It allows you to play as whatever skin you want. Unfortunately, when you first spawn in a given game, you spawn as a randomly, but that's largely because of the engine and not my fault. When you first spawn in the game you don't spawn aside from gunner anyways, so it's not too bad. The skin selections are stored locally on a .txt file which has it's data uploaded by the client and stored in an array by the server.

3lionz

Legions Developer
Hunted down some suggestions and updated the list to add the HUGE FRIGGING AMOUNT new core suggestions and server mod ideas.
Quite a few goodies there :D

Please never make me do that much formatting using a phone again.
Keep the suggestions coming! Tell me if I have missed any new bits.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Stealth Core - Reduce detection range/transparency/jets shortened etc.
Fog Core - Throws out fog that lasts 10 seconds on an area of 50m."
Explosion Core - "Suicide core that deals the health remaining to those around user OR half damage of remaining life, without dying (Costs energy)."
Dimension Core - Sends you and enemies in radius to another (randomly selected?) map. You are returned after one dies/time limit expires.
Berserk/kamikaze core - Overdrive like effect that causes considerable damage (saps from HP pool)
Power Core - Increase damage of weapon(s) for a duration.
Ghost Core - Ability to pass through solid objects (including projectiles), drains from HP, falling through ground is fatal.
Overcharge Core - Increase energy pool by X percent
AnchorCore - Locks you in place and increases damage by X percent.
Recharge Core - Increases recharge rate by X percent.
Link Core - Full details here
Reload Core - Reloads X weapon(s) by Y amount over Z time. (Yay algebra!) OR - Extra ammo on respawn.
Wall core - "A clear wall a little bigger than the actual player forms in front of the player... the user won't be allowed to shoot while activated ...if a player hits them it will act just like if the hit a tower, loosing health and speed." (Time limit on shield use with energy/health cost and cooldown.)​

Stealth Core: needs engine support
Fog Core: could be done easily through modding
Explosion Core: easy
Dimension Core: not possible
Berserk Core: not sure what this does
Power Core: not possible without engine support
Ghost Core: needs engine support
Overcharge Core: probably feasible; if nothing else, could act as an auxiliary energy pool
Anchor Core: needs engine support
Recharge Core: easy but boring to use (I've done it)
Link Core: needs engine support
Reload Core: probably simple
Wall Core: talk to defender

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
You would have to load every map at the start of the game else you'd be waiting for the new map to load. So impossible to do and be reasonable with it.