[Career Stat Tracking Mod] Artist Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
-Contest Closed-

Winner: 57th Enryu

Intro:
Well, in addition to the stats, we're adding achievements and would really love to have some artwork to go with them that would appear onscreen when someone gets one of them. None of us (3lionz, Shisk, The Disaster, or myself) is terribly good at this, and for this purpose, we are posting this thread, and it's somewhat of a contest.

Background:
The images for the achievements will consist of 64x64 square images (with transparent backgrounds) that will appear ingame when a player performs one and will be able to view them later through a specialized window we are creating. There will also be multiple grades of the same sort of achievement. For instance: First Blood, Nightmare, and Victor are all kill based.

For the contest/audition/application/what have you, we're looking for someone to design something for First Blood and something for Nightmare.

Application:
First Blood: first kill in Legions (lowest level achievement based on killing)
Nightmare: 50 kills in one game (also the top-level kills per game achievement)

Remember, images are to be 64x64 square with transparency.

Due Date:
All entries must be submitted by Thursday, November 10, 2011 in order to be evaluated.

Prize:
You get to work as the primary artist for CST where you will design the vast majority of the images for achievements. You will not receive access to source code. You will however be involved in final beta testing before the release of the mod, giving you advance access to the mod.

Final Words:
Good luck and I look forward to seeing the submissions :)

Competition Update:
After some discussion, it's been decided that submissions can be larger than 64x64 so long as they are still a square.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
lol we've not got the talent ourselves, so if you'd be willing to try, it'd still be appreciated. Worst case scenario is you don't get picked. You'll still get to use the mod when we publish it, even if your submission is atrocious ;)

yami

Private Tester
11vpkz8.png

my submission for "nightmare"

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Please bear in mind that this should be original art and that all we are asking for is the 64x64 image. We (the scripters) will handle the text.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
The stats will be encrypted, so unless the devs create some sort of leaderboard online, it'll just be people comparing screenshots of their stats.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Question will this script show me all the kills i have gotten or what

Yes. Among many other things... It shows fastest grab, longest MA, most kills, total kills, etc... It shows most/best and total of just about everything. Right now, 3z is making a timer that will count the total play time in Legions. At this point, I'm writing the encryption mechanism, and so far, it seems to be going pretty well.

At this point in time, it functions to display all stats we've thus far implemented as well as a some achievements. The GUI right now looks rather horrid, so Disaster's taking a crack at improving that and his new version is already looking way better.

Royalty

The Aussie
Meh. The sizes are 640x640.

Yes and they are transparent.

Attachments

• First Blood.jpg
    First Blood.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Nightmare.jpg
    Nightmare.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 13

Application-1

test bester
I will just leave this one here because I just can't think of anything to go with nightmare.
First blood.png
And 64x64 is really small, 100x100 would be more comfortable to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.