Download Fissurez's Chainswitch script

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
made by me, help from a little code goblin that lives in a smelly cave 3lionz

a small script that will switch to chaingun/plasma when you press TAB and then switch back to your previous weapon when pressed again.
(yes i know some people use tab to switch 1st/3rd person, so change it if you need to, e.g. i use Q instead of tab)

it might not work properly on certain classes using chain/plasma combos (&bolt/blaster combos), but meh.

tip: bind weapon 2 and weapon 3 to mouse scroll up and down, it makes things easier ;)

"You will find yourself dominating the game, and cause the devs themselves to weep in joy as everyone rage quits in spite!
We hold no responsibility if you are banned for crashing the servers in a MASSACRE."
-3lionz

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8347331/Chainswitch V0-1.zip

Attachments

• Chainswitch V0-1.zip
    854 bytes · Views: 17

Propkid

Yh exactly what I thought I need the other day. Whenever you see me use plasma/cg then you should know that I scrolled through all of my weapons at least 3 times before I got it out...

Propkid

Why not just use the number keys?
Tab will be JUST useable with my little finger. I use Ctrl for 'next weapon' already, because when I use mouse-scroll i tend to accidentally press it and skip a song on wmp. The number keys require me to sacrifice my WSAD +flag/nade throw fingers.
And I think there's some cheese under my 123...

Sounds like you guys have some fatty fat fingers if switching with the number keys and getting the weapon you are actually looking for straight away instead of cycling through is such an issue. But whatevs.

Immanent

made by me, help from a little code goblin that lives in a smelly cave 3lionz

a small script that will switch to chaingun/plasma when you press TAB and then switch back to your previous weapon when pressed again.
(yes i know some people use tab to switch 1st/3rd person, so change it if you need to, e.g. i use Q instead of tab)

it might not work properly on certain classes using chain/plasma combos (&bolt/blaster combos), but meh.

tip: bind weapon 2 and weapon 3 to mouse scroll up and down, it makes things easier ;)

"You will find yourself dominating the game, and cause the devs themselves to weep in joy as everyone rage quits in spite!
We hold no responsibility if you are banned for crashing the servers in a MASSACRE."
-3lionz

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8347331/Chainswitch V0-1.zip

I do appreciate your effort, but practically useless on Outriders ;), but it would make it easier, if the devs could just let players re-allign the loadout.

Example: Gunner (CG,RL,GL) to (RL,CG,GL) or (GL,CG,RL) something along those lines.

3lionz

Legions Developer
I do appreciate your effort, but practically useless on Outriders ;), but it would make it easier, if the devs could just let players re-allign the loadout.

Example: Gunner (CG,RL,GL) to (RL,CG,GL) or (GL,CG,RL) something along those lines.

This is mainly becuase this was designed with raiders in mind :p
(Although this DOES work on outrider, there is not much point)

Devs have mentioned custom loadouts, not sure when these are going to be made available.
Even if they did, outriders would probably still have 2 weapons.

Immanent

This is mainly becuase this was designed with raiders in mind :p
(Although this DOES work on outrider, there is not much point)

Devs have mentioned custom loadouts, not sure when these are going to be made available.
Even if they did, outriders would probably still have 2 weapons.
Custom.
Meaning that you get to chose whatever weapons that you want or just re-arranging them however you please?

:(

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
Custom.
Meaning that you get to chose whatever weapons that you want or just re-arranging them however you please?

:(

choosing the combinations of weapons you want, bar a few special class-specific weapons such as the mortar and sniper which cannot be put onto other classes.

if using the outrider, bind "tab" to prev/next weapon for a similar almost identical effect, as they only have two weapons.

This switches you to previous weapon on second press. One button is better than three.
(Imo. Its how you play is 'spose.)
How exactly is it a different number of button presses? (not criticising the script by the way, haven't actually looked at the code)

Take a gunner for example. You're shooting rockets and need to change quickly to chaingun. With you're script you press tab once to go to chaingun, then when finished tab again, unless you want to switch to grenade launcher, in which case you have to do whatever you normally do. So there'd be two button presses. With the number buttons instead, you'd press 1, to switch to cg, (which, unless you have extremely inflexible fingers, isn't hard to press), then 2 to switch back to rockets, or 3 to switch to gl. Again, two button presses.

Now, this next part comes entirely down to personal opinion, but one thing I always find, is I want to know for sure what weapon I'm going to switch to when I press a button, because the last thing I want to be doing is firing a gl, then chaining for a bit, and forgetting that it was in fact not the rl that I had just used, but the gl, and then waste a shot in the process.
Still, entirely a matter of personal opinion, and I'm just in a bad mood because of the 20000 word report I'm halfway through writing. (not kidding on the 20000 by the way, yay engineering final reports)

3lionz

Legions Developer
*Good argument*

Partly its down to habit, and partly it is down to opinion.

Its part habit becuase both fissurez and I have a tendency to play TF2, now that it is f2p.
We loved the "quick switch" feature that came with it and occassionally found myself trying to use the same feature in legions :p

I use this script mainly becuase I <3 rockets. I rarely use grenades except for spamming a flag point (*trollface*) or shooting down at a grounded enemy.
So I use this as I find it easier to press the same button twice while still being able to move (I find that I use my little finger for tab.).