player hosted server time line?

was wondering if overdrive had a rough idea on when this might happen as us Aussies are having to resort to T1 to get our z axis fix :/

Armageddon

Teapot
The way i see it is they have until the Q1 of 2012 to get the game out of beta, Tribes/Firefall will surely eat some of this small player base away.

Disci

Old man
Oh we do care. It's just that most of the people think there are far more important things to do first than things which would benefict you the most. This is what devs think too.

thanks seymour, much appreciated.

I understand why the devs think other things are more important as probably only %20 of the legions player base really need it but being the fast game it is if those lucky sons who have a ded near enuf to give them 60ms being able to host would still give many the option to less than halve this which would be noticeable and definately makes for a superior experience all round. (musicians have been tested to be able to notice as low as 12 ms latency so I tend to think this is where the legions experience 'degrades' as ping goes higher)

Also I cant imagine not wanting to play this game from time to time long after deds have disappeared, with player hosting I can be an old man and show my grand kids what a superior game it still is to halo 9 or what ever equivalent crap is out then :)

Royalty

The Aussie
I can't wait till we start fighting each other over who's going to host.
You live in NSW right?
On speedtest.net my ping to a NSW server is 23! I won't be complaining!
(And I think it's also 23 in Adelaide & 60 in Perth.)
As long as I get under 80 ping... I probably won't make such a fuss about who's hosting.
Leejunz in good ping > any fps shooter. Ever.
I hope so...

What I'm worrying about is when PHS come out, who is going to join our servers? Even though we play in American servers with 300 ping, it's unlikely that they will join our servers at any given time....

You live in NSW right?
On speedtest.net my ping to a NSW server is 23! I won't be complaining!
(And I think it's also 23 in Adelaide & 60 in Perth.)
As long as I get under 80 ping... I probably won't make such a fuss about who's hosting.

I doubt it, when I hosted oca and hawk would often ping about 120, and of course worse Perth to Sydney etc.

which is propably why I ended up hosting a fair bit as im half way between. Im going to buy a new laptop soon so I
will be able to use my core2 dedicated as a server. Though at this rate I might end up using it for an Ascend server instead :)

Royalty

The Aussie
I doubt it, when I hosted oca and hawk would often ping about 120, and of course worse Perth to Sydney etc.
1492044889.png

1492046400.png

1492047083.png

1492047819.png

I live in Melbourne. Not bad huh? Hopefully I'll get the same ping in the servers you guys host...

Disci

Old man
You guys live in Australia. Your points are *dancing* retarded. Go out and surf or something. It's better to get bitten by a shark, a snake, a spider, a lizard, a frog, a dog, a koala, a kangaroo or what ever other venomous beast you guys have there than complain about Legions not having AUS servers.

Propkid

You guys live in Australia. Your points are *dancing* retarded. Go out and surf or something. It's better to get bitten by a shark, a snake, a spider, a lizard, a frog, a dog, a koala, a kangaroo or what ever other venomous beast you guys have there than complain about Legions not having AUS servers.
You live in Finland. Go out and drink or something. It's better to get abused by Somalians, recruited by Perussuomalainen, caught up in a drinking loop, get lost in a forest, get frozen, drown in a lake due to being drunk or get bitten by a moose than to complain about Aussies :p