The Future of Legions

Mindflayr

Good job guys. Looking forward to playing again and giving it another shot. Might even compete this time (casually).

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I once said that if IA got legions back up by the end of this year, I would buy everything Legions related in the store that I can. That same applies to you guys, even if its just in donation form.

I guess I'm still just kinda in shock at reading the message that Instant Action is over... :( I love legions like the others here, and seeing that message instilled in me a great sense of depression that I have not felt in a long, long time. However, I then saw this. This was that light at the end of the tunnel. Legions shall rise again.

Legions Shall Rise!

CreatorGX

I am overjoyed that Legions will live on. I've donated greatly to see it flourish~

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT! SHAZBOT!

Fixious

Test Lead
Will the observer mode get fixed? I remember hearing it pretty much crashed the game everytime someone went into obs(at least for them).

CreatorGX

Will the observer mode get fixed? I remember hearing it pretty much crashed the game everytime someone went into obs(at least for them).

I remember Spectator Mode working fine before InstantAction removed Legions from their site.

I remember Spectator Mode working fine before InstantAction removed Legions from their site.
Really? Perhaps you were lucky. I was definitely having the problem right up to when Legions was removed.
I remember it was particularly bad when we wanted to have an independent host for a tourney, and we were worried risking having them spectate, in case they brought down the server with them.

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
Yes observer will be fixed. Much has been rewritten to allow the client to be stand-alone, so fixes have been introduced along the way. Still much more to do though, but we hope to release a fairly bug free version. *crosses fingers*

57thRomance

Really? Perhaps you were lucky. I was definitely having the problem right up to when Legions was removed.
I remember it was particularly bad when we wanted to have an independent host for a tourney, and we were worried risking having them spectate, in case they brought down the server with them.
Yeah I remember there was a tourney at PAX I think. BugsPray was doing commentary for it, and he refrained from spectating up close because he said that he might crash. The real problem for me when spectating was when I pressed tab to do a player's view (i.e. seeing through the eyes of another player). That caused some serious lag issues.

Well, luckily as Deadguy said, we won't have to worry :D.

New Question. Will at some point (presumably after player hosted servers can be brought in, if they can be brought in) it be possible for servers to run mods?
Obviously this wouldn't be something to happen any time soon, but I'm curious if it is anywhere on the horizon.

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
Both a "full" modding ability and player hosts is a ways off. I certainly would love to have them, but we must do all of this right by adding the required security measures. Plus we have many other things to get squared away first so it's not even on the table at this point. :p

Let's see what happens over the next several months.

MightySheep

Website looks good so I have high hopes for this dev team

been wanting to play legions for ages now

I'm glad it will be a standalone program, less lag hopefully

Jazcash

This should have been done a long time ago. I don't understand how IA could just crumble like that... I mean, they looked like they were doing really well from the couple blog videos I saw. Did I miss something or did they just have their heads buried in the sand?

Alex

i brought some people..well more that some to old IA,to play Legions with me..most of them where my friends..dang now i have to redirect them here

n33d 4 w33d

This is awesome! You guys freakin rock for doing this. I've been waiting for the return of Legions!!!!!!! Love this

Fahrenheit451

Legions Developer
Thanks for the support guys, props like these keep us at work. We've committed to putting updates and progress shots out on these forums. Stay tuned.