REQUEST- Laser Pointer

Royalty

The Aussie
Remember the old laser rifle? It has a laser pointer thingy. Is there anyway to implement this now?
Clarification:
The Pointer should be permanent.
It shouldn't be visible to other players.
It shouldn't be as bright or big as the actual fire beam.
It shouldn't do any damage.
Is this even possible?

Immanent

Remember the old laser rifle? It has a laser pointer thingy. Is there anyway to implement this now?
Clarification:
The Pointer should be permanent.
It shouldn't be visible to other players.
It shouldn't be as bright or big as the actual fire beam.
It shouldn't do any damage.
Is this even possible?

How about no.
That's just basically telling: Yes aim here, and just click the fire button. Too easy. I had to learn to use the LR right after the old one was removed. Like stated, it makes sniping retardedly efficient.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
With 180 ping at best?
A "laserpointer" won't help with that, at all. You'll still have to lead and deal with latency issues all the same. Anyways:
Take a screenshot while firing the LR. Trace the beam from your weapon to your reticle. Transfer that line and integrate it into your LR reticle file. Voilà, permanent laserpointer, only visible for you.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
The reticle does a fine job of this.
It's permanent.
It's not visible to other players.
It's not bright.
It doesn't do any damage.
Best of all, you don't have to access the weapon datablocks to implement it! Hell, it's ALREADY there!

I've just started using the sniper rifle, and already I'm getting the hang of it. Just try it out for a week or so (as MJ said) and trust me, you won't find the need for a laser pointer.

Arch

Legions Developer
Could be just an image of the laser that shows up when the laser rifle is equipped.