Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS-Will legions work properly on it?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
It should be fine, it's definitely on the lowest end of the compatibility spectrum, mind you. What were the other specs of the system?

Propkid

Yes it will! You might encounter minor issues when playing at full details, but I used to play with a Nvidia 7900 GS on Instant Action ('old legions') and it worked fine.

the-champ

It should be fine, it's definitely on the lowest end of the compatibility spectrum, mind you. What were the other specs of the system?
What 'specs' do you mean?:confused:
What about GeForce GTS 450...it came after 8400 GS and seems to be more advanced(and more priced)?
Will it be good?

It must. You might have to lower your resolution a bit (especially while frapsing) but it will work.
you mean screen resolution?? Well that's to be done afterwards...first is what kind of video card should i chose!?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, the 450 is newer and probably a better buy than the 8400 GS (which is quite old now).

What price range were you looking at?

And by specs, I meant your CPU speed, RAM, etc.

I was thinking about changing my graphic card.Would L:O run smoothly with Nvidia GeForce 8400 gs?

I had an 8400 gs. It's a pretty bad card, I'd go for a 7600, or maybe even a 7500 (I believe both are a lot better than an 8400) instead if you have to, but it'll run Legions generally around 10-40 FPS with a lowered resolution.

Honestly, it'd be better just saving up some more money and investing in a good card. I have an ATI Radeon 6850 now and it's 100xs better, and only maybe 4xs the cost.

St3lth

Backend Contributor
I have a GeForce GTS 450 right now, and I average about 300fps on legions. Good card
, I would recommend getting a 450 than a 8400.

A2

I'm having a GT 540M and getting an average of 225 FPS.
I say write down what choices you have and post here

the-champ

Hey now please help here you go with the specs

Processor:AMD Sempron LE-1200 2.11GHz
Core speed:2110MHz
Multiplier: x10.5
Bus speed:200.9MHz
HT link:803.7MHz
Motherboard:ASUSTek,model:M2N-MX SE Plus
Chipset:Nvidia MCP61
Memory: DDR2,2GB (question: Does it work on 512 mb)?