Suggestions...

RainPilot

stinky bear
- Have a link to the these forums put up on IA ( If possible) because what fun is legions if you can't share the fun with people who used to play.

- Bring back Legions Live so that the uninformed part of community can become informed or whatever, also acting as a get together.. ( and help apc practice be a weatherman )

- Make sure you get everyone's opinion on drastic changes, even though the developers and private testers may be more experienced and have a different aspect; a lesser known player that could provide a argument or something.
- Infuse the stats database thing with the game client maybe? If you can get the stats database thing working, I was going to say have a level-up type of thing. There aren't really many weapons you can put into the game that are balanced, so why not add upgrades? For example, 100 mid-airs in game and you get a better scope for the laser rifle or get a rocket launcher that has change-able ammo such as a plasma rocket or a rocket that damages you AND eats some jet fuel.; or even homign rockets like in Tribes and enable flares.Simple things like that, so people don't abuse it, have the stats thing only count kills/deaths/caps that are in a legit server with 10 or more people. Anything below, nothing is counted. I know it might seem a little crazy or unbalanced but the same weapons get boring, and this will provide an initiative to play more. Also I don't even know if the community can create what I'm talking about..

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I don't particularly like upgrades to weapons on account of kills/stats. Especially in a game like CTF (which most Legionnaires played) killing the other team/stat whoring without regard to your role generally doesn't help. The people who are good at getting a lot of kills, like an LO during a PUG, would rack up kills and get benefits, allowing them to get even more kills. Meanwhile, the people who don't get kills very often (due to any number of reasons) would stay that way.
The stats database was cool - until people started whoring. It was nice to know who had the longest MA, or who had the fastest cap speed, but people started playing for stats, and it got stupid.

I think more radical changes to Legions, like different types of OD (360 degree OD) are needed to keep this game fun. But I really think the primary objective is getting Legions back.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I don't like the idea of having to play, and then getting pwned by people who have better weapons than you. Everything should be skill-based only. I like the game-stat integration though.

57thEnryu

Yah, lets not have pay to upgrade systems, everyone should have access to the same weapons period. I just would like to see the option to choose your primary and secondary weapon separately. Depending on the power of the weapon you could have 2 or 3. For example I could have 3 reg powered weapon, or 1 specialized weapon and 1 reg. That would be better.

Mahidhar

I'm with Fireblasto, on this one. One of the main reasons, I love this game is that, everyone(both new, and experienced) is equal in terms of battle equipment. The bonuses you're talking about, will lead to newcomer/casual player/capper/smurf massacre fest. Soon, people will stop playing CTFs(as if, it's not already happening), and start killing everyone, for their precious upgrades.

57thRomance

1.) Already done.
2.) Good idea, that'll be great. Maybe we could get guests on air as well.
3.) We have a thread section for that...?
4.) If you're thinking about that system in the COD games, then I don't know if that's a good idea right now. The team's main objective is getting the game itself back. Any drastic changes should take place after that.

RainPilot

stinky bear
1.) Already done.
2.) Good idea, that'll be great. Maybe we could get guests on air as well.
3.) We have a thread section for that...?
4.) If you're thinking about that system in the COD games, then I don't know if that's a good idea right now. The team's main objective is getting the game itself back. Any drastic changes should take place after that.
3) I just meant that it shouldn't be changed or developed according to one group of people's views.
4) I didn't mean it to be anything like COD where it's a nadefest with overpowered weapon. I would like it to be something balanced. I didn't mean a rocket where you one shot someone, just a rocket that you can change in the loadout screen with certain rockets. For instance remove all classes and just have three loadouts ( heavy ,medium, light) And let the user make his own loadout. It would be better to just change the projectile instead of a whole new gun. Like the blaster in Tribes, instead of a new gun just have a rocket launcher that shoots smaller, weaker projectiles but costing to the energy. The projectiles themselves would have to be extremely balanced, so it don't make the weapon overpowered. Again it still takes skill to kill, even with a over-powered weapon. I was just thinking more of a position-upgrade thing, a person who is a chaser in a pug would change his projectile to one that slows the enemy down when hit, but a side effect is that projectile does very little damage and has only 5 ammo ( not actually but just to balance it out.) Or a projectile that has only 2 shots and is very slow, but it has a explosion that does little damage and increases speed. It could also have a very short range, so it can only be used for chasing/capping. I know it may sound stupid but I'll eventually get bored of the same weapons. I mean why not add more weapons, if a group of people don't want the weapons in a PUG, simply make a system that allows a host to disable certain weapons.

57thEnryu

still, I think all players shouls have access to all weapons from the beginning. Weapon upgrades make it too unbalanced....

Hawk

Having everything in the beginning would be fair, I don't think theres need for much competition. I would also like a kill count, and maybe a K/D. :)

RainPilot

stinky bear
The whole stats system has already been done, I think TaylorBalbi worked on it with a few other people. Except it was on a separate site not owned by IA. If you ever played Battlefield 2, even if you get an upgraded gun thats better then default, it still doesn't make you good. You still need skill to aim, dodge the opponent's attacks, jet etc. Pure skill can easily kill anyone with a overpowered weapon easily, although not everyone has pure skill. Maybe if I take out the upgrade part where you gain over a certain amount of kills because it does sound stupid now that I think about it.

Another idea I wanted to put out there is addition to flag physics, when a person comes into a certain distance of a flag holder. The person gains the flag, ONLY if the person who has the flag taps 'Q' once, when the flag holder taps Q, the flag is held outwards. Although the flag stars might get mad because they can't do crazy stunts or such. But if you really think about it, fall damage is similar, not everyone wanted fall damage but if legions were real and an enemy or teammate passed me I'm sure they would try to grab that flag midair. Although there would be some provisions, this flag thing wouldn't work with a heavy because people would *lady friend* it up, also it would probably only work midair ( or on ground). For the enemy to get the flag, they have to body block the capper OR kill them. For a team mate to get the flag, they have to be within a short distance,( very close, any closer and the team mate might body block the capper.) and the capper has to be willing to give up, ( tapping Q). It's just a rough idea right now but I think it could work.

Hawk

I think that it would be best to keep our fingers crossed and wishing that Legions came back, no one is sure if it would be back or not, and if it will be (hopefully) we can make further adjustments to the game, forums, etc... But it is a good idea RainPilot.

57thEnryu

er....not sure bout that last one. holding out the flag might be ok, but they'd have to be almost touching me to grab it. I would like to see an option where, instead of just throwing the flag forward, you can angle it slightly. for example, the longer you hold down left click, the longer it goes and you can control the angle by scrolling, up to a max of straight up. that would be cool. also put a little bar in there showing how much power your throw has, that would help alot.

Fixious

Test Lead
Yah, lets not have pay to upgrade systems, everyone should have access to the same weapons period. I just would like to see the option to choose your primary and secondary weapon separately. Depending on the power of the weapon you could have 2 or 3. For example I could have 3 reg powered weapon, or 1 specialized weapon and 1 reg. That would be better.

Legally they CAN'T implement a pay-to-upgrade system. The team isn't allowed to make any money from Legions. So I wouldn't worry about such a system. And I agree, all weapons from the get-go. Hate having to level up and *chocolate cookies*.

As for podcast/Legions Live, I'm all for it.

At this point I wouldn't even throw out gameplay suggestions though. Not until they get the ok from IAC, which isn't a done deal.

Mots0311

All I'd like to see is no more damage can be dealt on same team and eliminate TKing. Otherwise I just want Legions up.

Mabeline

God-Tier
@Stats: I do plan to at least implement a stats system similar to what was on the NanuNanu servers. I really liked the points system (even if it was a bit poorly tuned), I think it was far better than Kills/Deaths and gave people real goals.

@Upgrades: I'm not sure upgrades are a good fit, they require an immense amount of content and balancing to be interesting. I think achievements and medals are more fun, at least for now.

@That flag thing: When suggesting things really try and keep in mind how games work, it's very important to keep a streamlined design. You don't often see very complicated actions like RainPilot suggested suggested because they're hard to understand or process visually.

@Team damage: It's staying. There is probably going to be some sort of voting in the future to handle things like problem players, map changes, and time extensions.