Legions Lite Tweaking

moronval

Private Tester
Hello and welcome to the Manual Tweaker's Guide to Legions Lite. In this guide I will detail each setting in the Prefs.cs file that I commonly change to create legions lite. With this, you'll be able to tailor your visual settings to your liking. As always, keep a copy of the files you're working with before you make changes.

Any setting I list is safe to change, any setting I don't list can and probably will crash your game if changed from their defaults. Some are attached to unimplemented features, some are only stable at their current setting, some don't do anything at all. I've personally gone through and tested each setting, and below is the list of settings I came up with that can be changed and that will affect visual settings.

And here we go.
Code:
$pref::CloudsOn = "0";
This setting applies the moving clouds that scroll across the skybox. Minimal impact on performance. Setting this value to 0 turns clouds off, setting this value to 1 turns clouds on.
-------------------------------------------------------
Code:
$pref::Interior::noLightmaps = "0";
This setting disables the effect of lights (sun or instanced) on buildings. Fair impact on performance. Setting this value to 1 turns off the effect of lights on buildings, setting this value to 0 turns back on the effect of lights on buildings.
Code:
$Pref::Player::ShowFirstPersonItems = "0";
This setting determines if items held in your player's hands are shown when using first-person camera. Your weapon and the flag can be hidden from your view by setting this value to 0, or can be brought into view by setting this value to 1.
Code:
$Pref::Player::ShowFirstPersonPlayer = 0;
This setting is similar to the one above. When in first person, this setting will determine if you can see your hands or your legs. Setting this value to 1 will let you see your hands and legs, setting this to 0 will hide your legs and hands from your view.
Code:
$Pref::Player::ShowOwnMotionTrails = "1";
This setting is similar to the two above, but determines if you will see your own jet trails or not. Enemies will see them no matter what. Set this to 1 to see them, set this to 0 to hide them.
Code:
$pref::SkyOn = "0";
This setting determines the rendering of textures on the skybox. This is related to the sky colour, static clouds, and horizon textures. Turning this setting to 0 will turn your sky black, setting this to 1 will enable the map's default sky.
Code:
$pref::TS::autoDetail = "1";
This setting enables or disables a custom Level of Detail management value. Setting this to 1 makes the game's engine draw the custom value in $pref::TS::detailAdjust = "0.45"; for determining the distance at which to raise and lower model detail. Setting this to 0 makes the game's engine use the default value for determining the distance at which to raise and lower model detail.
Code:
$pref::TS::detailAdjust = "0.45";
This setting is related to the above setting. This value can be anything between "0.45" to "0.01". The default value is "0.45", this value is the standard used in calculations by the game engine to lower the polycount based on distance away from camera. Setting this value lower will reduce the distance to potentially almost impossibly small distances. "0.01" is the value at which nearly all models are reduced to their most minimal polycounts. "0.01" is best for performance. This is fairly important to performance.
Code:
$Pref::Video::FullscreenRes = "640 480";
This setting is self explanatory. 640 by 480 is the resolution I use in all legions lite versions, the lower the resolution - the better the performance. The MOST important aspect in improving performance. You can try resolutions lower than 640 by 480 but your monitor might not support it, and anything past 640x480 is a crapshoot in that you may not be able to properly play.
Code:
$Pref::Video::RenderFoliage = "0";
This setting disables or enables grass on the maps that have grass. 0 turns off the grass, 1 turns it on.
Code:
$pref::visibleDistanceMod = "0.5";
This setting is also important to performance. By default this setting is "1.0", the lowest value it can go to is "0.5". The lower the value is, the closer to you fog will start to form, and thereby reducing how far you can see. The higher the value is, the farther you'll be able to see because fog won't form as close. This is also very important to performance because fog density determines how far from you the engine will begin rendering models. Setting this to "0.5" makes your computer potentially have to handle fewer models, therefore increasing performance.

kampferdeztodez

hey when i'm playing, the ground is just plain white for me... i can't make out hills and stuff, but i can see 'concrete' surfaces, like basses and bridges fine... can u help?

moronval

Private Tester
Does this really look like the support forum? I don't know how to help you, except to tell you to post in the support forum.

Libra

which one of these values effect the look of the character tire of looking at the crappy version want to see the actual normal legions character tht looks good

Immanent

which one of these values effect the look of the character tire of looking at the crappy version want to see the actual normal legions character tht looks good
This would be:

Code:
$pref::TS::autoDetail = "1";
and this:

Code:
$pref::TS::detailAdjust = "0.45";

Disci

Old man
Legions overdrive/live/legions/preferences and open pref.cs file with your notepad. Then find the lines mentioned in the OP and edit them as instructed.

legions

how come my legions doesent look diferent do i have to set read only because i set read only and it still looks the same and i set show first person player but i cant see my legs on it