Tribes Ascend announced.

Propkid

Waaaiiitt, is this the MMO? Wasn't it meant to be called 'Tribes: Universe'?
Anyway it'll be interesting to see if they don't mess it up.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Not the MMO.

“Tribes fans appreciate the game’s essence - athletic FPS combat combined with teamwork and strategy. As we began development of Tribes Universe, we focused first on capturing that essence - refining and modernizing iconic elements like jetpacks, skiing, and vehicles. We’ve had tremendous fun play-testing and realized the potential of a multiplayer focused title ahead of Tribes Universe. The community has been waiting for a multi-player shooter that is the modern successor to T2. *Tribes: Ass-End* is that game.”
http://forum.tribesuniverse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=596

Xzanth

Legions Developer
No, it's not the same as Tribes Universe, it will be produced by the same people, and will release before Tribes Universe. It will not be an MMOFPS (like tribes universe) but will be designed as a succesor to tribes 2, so just an FPS-Z.
*Tribes: Ass-End*, developed using the Unreal 3 engine, is being positioned as the multi-player successor to the much lauded Tribes 2 and a re-introduction of the franchise to the gaming world.
Hi-Rez Studios acquired Tribes in October, 2010 and revealed plans to develop a massive scale, persistent world shooter called Tribes Universe. Today’s announcement confirms that long-term franchise strategy, but Hi-Rez has chosen to first deliver the single-purchase, digital download *Tribes: Ass-End* this calendar year.

“Before Halo, before Modern Warfare, and before Battlefield, there was Tribes.”, says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO. “Tribes fans appreciate the game’s essence - athletic FPS combat combined with teamwork and strategy. As we began development of Tribes Universe, we focused first on capturing that essence - refining and modernizing iconic elements like jetpacks, skiing, and vehicles. We’ve had tremendous fun play-testing and realized the potential of a multiplayer focused title ahead of Tribes Universe. The community has been waiting for a multi-player shooter that is the modern successor to T2. *Tribes: Ass-End* is that game.”

*Tribes: Ass-End* is targeted for release in late 2011 as a digital download on Windows PC and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Additional platforms are currently under consideration as well.
~Announcement on Tribes Universe forums
http://www.tribesascend.com/

Propkid

:D hellz yeah

Ok, the plan is as such: all of the L:O elitists get that game on day#1 and all get together in one clan with divisions for each continent. We then dominate the upper spheres of the game and eventually 'take it over', just by being better than everyone else at Z-FPS. Let's dominate! xD
Now serious: who is signing up for T:A? The ones that will be playing should stick together.

OMIGAWD HE'S HOLDING A SWORD
sorry for double post, but i just realized

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
z1TOo.jpg

Well, sounds nice, bet you will have to pay for it
Boohoo?

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
Saw the PC Gamer post and nearly jizzed myself when I realized this isn't a name change of Universe, but an actual multiplayer (only) FPS+Z.

Will buy. Please release soon!

Buhlitz

FUUUUUUUUKKKKIKKKK YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

OMFG. I JIZZED ALL OVER MY FACE. THIS IS AMAZING.

Finally a game to look forward to, unfortunately now I have almost no urge to come back to legions. They better not *dance* it up. I'm glad they are releasing it on Xbox 360 if only for market exposure, hope we can play against them cross platform :)

IsaacClarke

Yay xbox 360! I'm on there tons more!

Also, you can see someone blowing up a generator from Tribes 2 at about 30 seconds!

I just saw SHAZBOT scratched into the armor at about 20 seconds as well!

Armageddon

Teapot
This could be great or fail totally. I'll wait for gameplay footage, but im really excited... Except for the look of the BE, They nerf'd the badassedness they normally have.