Dropping in to say hi

Chameleon

So today I found this game signed up and played a few games. So far I have enjoyed all of them.
Anyways the game is based on the tribes series wich is obvious. I self played T:V (mostly LAN, online mostly results in a bad experience). This game is a bit different. I can see that the simple and most used weapons in T:V have found there way into this game. And the grappler has been replaced with thise overdrive mechanic. I do not like this mechanic alot because the grappler at least took a bit of aim while this overdrive only has a hp drain but takes no skill whatsoever.

PUG! Yes I heard someone say it! This game has pugs and I like that. My qeustion to you guys is how do I join these? I liked them alot to do with my friends though LAN games are always pugs, so I did not do anything different.

So this is just me saying hello. I would really like to join this PUG though I am as rusty as it can get but i know tactics, and considering I already 'owned' some annoying kids I don't think I will do very bad at one. Also how are the clans here are they nice or do they need to be setted-up more? I am a european.

A2

Another European in the house! Welcome aboard Chameleon. If you want to join up/want some info about pugs, head over to the IRC channel #legions.pickup. Hoping to see you in-game soon!

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Heya Chameleon!

If you want to join in on our PUG fun, you gotta join our TS3 server first! You can find the information here. Go download Teamspeak at www.teamspeak.org of you haven't already. Make sure to go to the Pickup Games, Game 1, or Game 2 channel to play with us.

Also check out webchat.quake.net.org and type in #legions for general legions talk and #legions.pickup for pickups (generally european)

If you've played T:V, you probably know how it works. Check out the details here. There's a lot of good people to get to know! Hope to see you ingame and on TS3!

About the clans, we're still in beta right now, BUT our clans are growing very quickly. Theres a list of clans right here.

We're actually having a pickup right now, come join in!

Chameleon

Heya Chameleon!

If you want to join in on our PUG fun, you gotta join our TS3 server first! You can find the information here. Go download Teamspeak at www.teamspeak.org of you haven't already. Make sure to go to the Pickup Games, Game 1, or Game 2 channel to play with us.

Also check out webchat.quake.net.org and type in #legions for general legions talk and #legions.pickup for pickups (generally european)

If you've played T:V, you probably know how it works. Check out the details here. There's a lot of good people to get to know! Hope to see you ingame and on TS3!

About the clans, we're still in beta right now, BUT our clans are growing very quickly. Theres a list of clans right here.

We're actually having a pickup right now, come join in!
Just played a PUG and seems I forgot to warn you guys I still play T:V up to this day. I sniped.... and owned a bit. Also only difference is skiing and overdrive to T:V for me so combat wise I think im as good as i am in T:V though the sniper feels weird but works good idk.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Just played a PUG and seems I forgot to warn you guys I still play T:V up to this day. I sniped.... and owned a bit. Also only difference is skiing and overdrive to T:V for me so combat wise I think im as good as i am in T:V though the sniper feels weird but works good idk.

Yeah dude! I heard you did an amazing job. What was your score? (If you remember) I'm sure you'll get picked up very fast.

Nvidia

I do not like this mechanic alot because the grappler at least took a bit of aim while this overdrive only has a hp drain but takes no skill whatsoever
Thats not really right. After you have played a few hours you'll notice that you can do very cool stuff with OD (overdrive) which require skill.
This is a cool video where you can see some OD cap, and here too.

Anyway nice to see you as a new player. Have fun!

Chameleon

So it seems you are going to be my friend according to unleashed. You better start loving fattys <3
No thank you. I am more a lightweight.

Thats not really right. After you have played a few hours you'll notice that you can do very cool stuff with OD (overdrive) which require skill.
This is a cool video where you can see some OD cap, and here too.

Anyway nice to see you as a new player. Have fun!
Still did not make me change my mind, all could be done with the grappler in some way or the other. Much harder to do with the grappler and thats why it is so good.

Nvidia

Still did not make me change my mind, all could be done with the grappler in some way or the other. Much harder to do with the grappler and thats why it is so good.
Maybe but Legions is not Tribes. So you got overdrive and not the grabbler. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Welcome to the community, bud. =)

I can understand your resentment of Overdrive, but try to keep in mind that harder isn't always better -- it's just harder. FPS+Zs have a tremendous learning curve attached to them, and we're trying to keep Legions from being too inaccessible to newbloods. Sure, you could do a whole lot with the grappler in place of OD, but OD's easier, more graceful, more intuitive, and thusly more fun, especially for newer players.

It's also not going away anytime soon -- it is called Legions: Overdrive, after all. =)

Chameleon

Maybe but Legions is not Tribes. So you got overdrive and not the grappler. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.
An yes I think I wont use a mechanice that drains my life. I bet there are much better routes without OD considering it is a life drainer.

And thanks everyone for the nice words.

Nvidia

ou yeh with p not b. My bad.
Just play the game a bit longer than you will see what works best for you.

nvi

Disci

Old man
Hi, Chameleon. Missed your appearance on euro PUG the other day. Heard you did fine and I wish you will keep coming to play with us in the future. Keep in mind that there's a possibility for a PUG every day and we euros have default time set to 20cet for them. Either check #legions.pickup @Quakenet.org IRC server or stop by on TS3.

Cya later!

Chameleon

Hi, Chameleon. Missed your appearance on euro PUG the other day. Heard you did fine and I wish you will keep coming to play with us in the future. Keep in mind that there's a possibility for a PUG every day and we euros have default time set to 20cet for them. Either check #legions.pickup @Quakenet.org IRC server or stop by on TS3.

Cya later!
20 CET tonight. Noted!

Chameleon

[Rookie]
Rookie.png

Propkid

Im starting to like this guy (if he doesnt CGwhore).
BTW: Igor369 still about? Funny guy, he thought hes the best Pole in FE:L.

Errhmm..-
Welcome to L:O! Hope you'll show everyone how good can the LR be, its really overlooked nowadays.