Legions is too sensitive to lag

so every time there is some lag i get stuck in that limbo where i hear the sounds of the game but im stuck in mid air and cant move, respawn or chat
i hope this will be fixed in the future cause i just cant stand it any more

Shanks

Private Tester
Doesn't seem to happen to me anymore in the Justice servers. If you are still playing in the hotswap servers i'd recommend you try to stay in Justice

Redvan

Private Tester
wait for servers in your area. if they tailor the game to suit the needs of high pingers, it would be a shittastic game

Outlawl

Macabre
I don't think he's talking about the weapon-fire lag guys, rather he's talking about the lag spikes we all experience on the servers.

We're working to decrease the frequency of these stutters futureemokid, just hang in there.

MightySheep

this is the worst game for lag I know

If my ping goes to even 150 then my screen starts shaking all over the place and I can barely move without being teleported backwards and it freezes every few seconds

and the weapons seem so reliant on good ping

DOS4/GW

...and the weapons seem so reliant on good ping

Too reliant, really, but I doubt that there's anything that anyone can do about it. It's pretty frustrating, really; at a certain point, your ping limits how good of a player you actually can be.

It also annoys everyone else who doesn't get lag because most of the time we can visibly see other people rubberbanding back and forth making it a little harder to aim and it them, even on the ground because you can't see their actual position.

JBreezy

I see alot of people comlaining about this, i am one of them, is anythig actually getting done to fix this cause it seems like all i ever hear is " we have to assume its your connection"

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Unfortunately, bud, it really does look like it's your connection. That doesn't mean your connection itself is bad; just that whatever routing that's taking place between your system and the server's location ain't the greatest. Not your fault at all, but there's also a limited amount we can do about it. I don't believe (though I could be wrong) that we're working at the engine-level, and even if we were, we don't really have the manpower to devote a ton of time to fixing it. The best we can do is provide servers in optimal locations for as many folks as possible; unfortunately, that can mean that some folks don't get servers incredibly close to where they live. We are on an unbelievably limited budget, after all.

It's a free game, bud. You ain't paying for it, but that also means you don't get paid-title, AAA-quality guarantees. Wish that weren't the case, but it is. =/

Siantlark

It might just be the servers. I went on a European server cuz the US servers were empty or already filled and was expecting a warping game with absolutely nothing showing up (Because the ping on the menu said 200+) and was surprised to actually have one of my smoothest games I've had in a long time.

Of course someone will come and correct me and say it was my imagination now.

Maybe. Or maybe it was just the Muse songs playing in the background...

No wonder. Hotswap is in the central part of USA and Justice is on east coast.

Justice is also relatively central.

A number of (mostly east coast, NY-NJ area and Canada) are experiencing this problem (screen freezes, can hear what's going on but you can't play until you leave and rejoin) on the new Justice servers. That might also be your problem. You can play on the Hotswaps or Euros right now to avoid this.