Download FlagHud

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Version 0.5

Introduction
FlagHud adds a small hud in your screen that shows status of the flags. Who has it? Is it dropped? If yes, when will it return? Maybe it's home? Now you'll know.

FlagHud.jpg

Known Issues
- Hud does not show all information untill a flag event occurs.

Installation
Extract the Zip archive to "live" folder. This is where the Legions.exe is located.

No need to set anything read only.

Your Legions must be up to date!

Download here!

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Seems like a good idea to me, but in regards to source access... lol I'd have a heyday if I got that. No idea what I'd write, but I would do something lol. Maybe make something that gives a distance to the person you hover your reticle over. Problem is, the more you add, the more cheater-ish it becomes...

But how are you making it autolaunch inside of the game?

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
In regards to the first bug, couldn't you just make it say "home" by default and then have it be updated later? Or have you already done this?

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
It's just 3 dots by default. Having it set as home when it possibly is not is just the kind of bullshit you just don't want from a hud.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Using it now. Looks nice. What if the person who takes it has a long name that doesn't fit into the box? Does their name extend past it, get cut off, or does the box expand?

xzzxxz

NOTE: This script is not final! Don't come crying that it sucks!

Introduction
FlagHud adds a small hud in your screen that shows status of the flags. Who has it? Is it dropped? If yes, when will it return? Maybe it's home? Now you'll know.

FlagHud.jpg

Known Issues
- Hud does not show information untill a flag event occurs.
- Drop timer does not count down on Pre-game.
- Team colors won't update on team change.

Installation
Extract the Zip archive to "live" folder. This is where the Legions.exe is located.

No need to set anything read only.

Your Legions must be up to date!

Download here!
wait how do u do it im lost at the beginning what do i download?

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] in regards to source access... lol I'd have a heyday if I got that. No idea what I'd write, but I would do something lol. Maybe make something that gives a distance to the person you hover your reticle over. Problem is, the more you add, the more cheater-ish it becomes... [...]
You have access to all the scripts you need. And when it comes to "cheater-ish": Maybe that's where "talking to the devs" comes in...

Also, despite the risk of repeating myself:
Filthy reverse engineering crack *lady friend*! ;)
Good job! ;)

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Version 0.2 changes

- Added team scores.
- Hud colors now update correctly on team change.
- Team/Score info now updates on join.
- Hud is now visible in death.
- Drop timer now works at all times.
- Max name length set to 10 chars.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Bug notice:

If a flag event occurs in one game and you leave it to go to another server, upon entering that server it will start by saying how it was in the previous game.

Few quick suggestions rockey.
At the moment, when the flags are returned, one says "Home", the other says "Base". If you ask me, they should say the same thing. My vote is for "Home"
Also, Currently They look like:
1 Alpha Home​
2 Beta Base​
I would think it would look better if the H and B lined up at the beginning, as if there was an invisible table, or as if someone had pressed tab, rather than starting after a " " of a specific size.
I'm experimenting with the possibility of making the frame around more eye friendly (well, I've done that part, now I'm seeing if it's possible to design versions that would match the rest of my HUD).

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Yeah I already fixed this but my laptop currently has no connection to upload it. =)
I'll see about aligning the events for the next update as well. You may have to wait a few days unfortunately. =)
However I'll try to align the evnts to the point that Alpha events are currently so you can use that as a reference for your design.

Edit: And yes, Home is what it's supposed to say ;)

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Version 0.4 out!

Sorry it took a while.

Changes:
- Beta flag will now correctly say "Home"
- Flag status' are now aligned
- Uncompiled file

Quick Question(s), since this isn't a compiled file, it didn't overwrite the old file, could this cause problems for those who don't delete the old file?
Also, I notice your new Dl also doesn't include the .png background image that the older version did. Should it?

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
The game compiles a new file if there is a source file at present each startup.
And indeed it should include the file. "Oops."
I'll make a slight adjustment to the position of the hud to make it look more like it belongs and add that background again, just gimme a minute.

Edit: Done, just re-download if you are missing the background image.