Legions-on-Unix

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Hey guys, I've been using Linux as my only OS for for the past couple of months (as some of you probably know...), so I finally got around to writing this shell script to install legions on any unix-like OS with no fuss (and no PlayOnLinux either). It can be used to launch the game as well, and if you run the Makefile, it will be available on your $PATH so you can use something like dmenu to launch it quickly.

Without further ado:

Legions-on-Unix

Last edited:

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Did you fix the whole thing where you were crashing on server browser lots and all that ? :0 Nice job making it easy !

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Did you fix the whole thing where you were crashing on server browser lots and all that ? :0 Nice job making it easy !

Yep! I think it was because of some misconfigured DLL's that I was setting in wine's config file. I went for a minimal install base this time around and the issue is gone.

Mr.Mister

Guess I'll be hanging around in here now, looks pretty roomy. I'm really impressed with the design of this place, looks.......minmalistic. :p

Anyways, I too am tired of POL cause it always tells me that the thing crashes and i cant tell if its lying or telling the truth. Plus I'm trying to get more into source based stuff and move away from the package manager.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Guess I'll be hanging around in here now, looks pretty roomy. I'm really impressed with the design of this place, looks.......minmalistic. :p

Anyways, I too am tired of POL cause it always tells me that the thing crashes and i cant tell if its lying or telling the truth. Plus I'm trying to get more into source based stuff and move away from the package manager.

Come try crux out if you want to use a no-frills source distro.

Last edited:

Mr.Mister

CRUX IS SO GOOD!

Also I got legions working on the system, so now you got a tester. I'll try to help out as much as I can, but I don't think I'll be so good since I hardly know anything about programming.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
CRUX IS SO GOOD!

Also I got legions working on the system, so now you got a tester. I'll try to help out as much as I can, but I don't think I'll be so good since I hardly know anything about programming.

Oh cool! I'm not a massive expert on coding either, I just write lots of shell scripts. As for using crux, you're welcome to try out my port repo.