Download Monument (TDM)

Teddy945

Monument is different so I don't know if it will play well at all. I had the idea of a mountain style map for a while so a gave it a try over the weekend. It turned out pretty nice in my opinion. Hope you guys think so too.

Monument%20Main_zps9705hwqm.png

Cut me some slack it was my first time doing a commentary lol :oops:

This was a quick make so feel free to edit out the flaws or you can let me know whats wrong with it.
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?i5c1q1kgbgkojjh

Last edited:

Jello

Contributor
Monument is different ...
Redo the Full Relight and update the link

I was looking at it from the beginning and was thinking....there should be a kill boundary and you mentioned it towards to the end of the video :D, great minds do think alike :) lol
Good TDM map, CTF is a no

Teddy945

Redo the Full Relight and update the link

I was looking at it from the beginning and was thinking....there should be a kill boundary and you mentioned it towards to the end of the video :D, great minds do think alike :) lol
Good TDM map, CTF is a no
Okay I'm pretty sure I fixed the lighting now. clumsy me. Download link has be fixed :cool:

Poponfu

Lead Developer
It -looks- really good.. I gotta say though, dueling with lots of height difference kind of sucks. Remember Sandbox had to be redone because the middle was even higher than it is now. The person below either gets pounded or arrives at the top with no jets. Either put in grav lifts or redesign it somehow imo.

Teddy945

It -looks- really good.. I gotta say though, dueling with lots of height difference kind of sucks. Remember Sandbox had to be redone because the middle was even higher than it is now. The person below either gets pounded or arrives at the top with no jets. Either put in grav lifts or redesign it somehow imo.
That is true :( and there is a lot of height difference on the map. I'll see if I can fit in some jump pads on the taller towers, like the jump pads in in Nebula Station.

Fixious

Test Lead
The smaller the better, imo. Keep the action close and fact paced. Even Sandbox is a bit too big for TDM. Bringing in the OOB grid would help. This is like 1/4th the size of Frost:

32.png

33.png

Monument is a cool looking map, though. If we had a mod scene similar to Tribes I'm sure it could be made into some kind of viable map.

Teddy945

The smaller the better, imo. Keep the action close and fact paced. Even Sandbox is a bit too big for TDM. Bringing in the OOB grid would help. This is like 1/4th the size of Frost:

32.png

33.png

Monument is a cool looking map, though. If we had a mod scene similar to Tribes I'm sure it could be made into some kind of viable map.
That is true. It is a pain to go out searching for someone to kill in a TDM so a smaller map would be best. In monument you can get to the middle fairly quick. Maybe some boost pads to the other hills could help, or I might cut the map to make it smaller. I'll use that cool looking map you have there as a size reference. ;)

Teddy945

**UPDATED DOWNLOAD LINK**
I added jump pads and that box you see on top of the tower is a boost ring. Jump pads and boost rings have been added to the taller towers. It is much quicker to move around the map. I might start working on a smaller version of Monument but it will be a separate map. More suggestions are welcomed :D
Monument%20Boost_zpsr7rsxmyd.png

Last edited:

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
This map or the concept will never be used for ctf unless the flag gets returned when it passes below a certain height. The concept has value and I think I would spend time on a map with a similar concept if someone can find a way to make that happen.

Jello

Contributor
**UPDATED DOWNLOAD LINK**
I added jump pads and that box you see on top of the tower is a boost ring. Jump pads and boost rings have been added to the taller towers. It is much quicker to move around the map. I might start working on a smaller version of Monument but it will be a separate map. More suggestions are welcomed :D
Monument%20Boost_zpsr7rsxmyd.png

Ugh Windows 10....

It would be cool if you were able to throw it into those rings and it would score a point like Harry Potter. :D

Teddy945

Ugh Windows 10....

It would be cool if you were able to throw it into those rings and it would score a point like Harry Potter. :D
Bruh omg I know XD I was thinking the same thing when I was making the map. Like some sort of Quidditch game mode I bet its possible too lol

Fixious

Test Lead
That's basically Team Rabbit 2 from Tribes. 2 goals, players threw the flag threw them for points. Would probably be pretty great in Legions. Someone just need to, ya know, make it.

Fixious

Test Lead
I sorta enjoyed this as a CTF map lastnight. Different playstyle. I enjoy the threat of falling off the edge, which reminds me of a few (modded) Tribes maps. I know Pop worked on the terrain quite a bit to get it working in CTF, and it mostly 'works' but side routes are pretty limiting. Might need some tweaks regarding the bowls that throw you towards the sides, or maybe some weak jump pads (current pads mainly help with front routes only).