Draft Tournament.

Application-1

test bester
bNuSCoU.gif

Homingun

I'm a bit skeptical as to how this might turn out, but you can add my name to the hat.

A previous time that someone did this they tried to have the whole tourney over a single weekend. It was a clusterfuck, games started late, tons of people couldn't be found come game time, I remember most teams were comprised entirely of ringers, teams advancing through forfeits...

I think the best way to run it would be to stretch it out over the next few months, don't try to do all the games in a weekend or 2. Set the bracket and give a 3 week deadline, each team must schedule with their opponent and complete the game (or series) before the deadline.

Or you could schedule 1 matchup every Saturday night, same time as the weekly pugs. It would be exciting, but might not consistently work with every team members' schedules.

If you are not going to also pick alternates for each team (which we don't really have enough players to do that), you need to have a method for subs, because real life happens. I suggest that you keep track of what round every player is picked in, and subs are allowed only if they are from a later round than the person they are subbing for. If a team is more subs than original players, auto-forfeit.

Also need to hammer out some rules (double hof? boost core llama drama? dodge core? how to choose map and side)

+2cents

Sound advice.

I would add that the rules be agreed upon by all captains to avoid drama and there be some substantial repercussions for breaking said rules.

Also since none of Legion's maps are truly symmetrical, it might be more balanced to play 2 games, one on each side, and have the sum of the caps determine the victor.

I have a feeling smurfing might become an issue once a team starts to go try-hard. I would suggest that players be made to use the names they signed up here and have them be present in TS when playing.

Doomsify

I'm a bit skeptical as to how this might turn out, but you can add my name to the hat.

Sound advice.

I would add that the rules be agreed upon by all captains to avoid drama and there be some substantial repercussions for breaking said rules.

Also since none of Legion's maps are truly symmetrical, it might be more balanced to play 2 games, one on each side, and have the sum of the caps determine the victor.

I have a feeling smurfing might become an issue once a team starts to go try-hard. I would suggest that players be made to use the names they signed up here and have them be present in TS when playing.
well we need a fourth captain now since Ucan cant pick teams this weekend.

Armageddon

Teapot
Im good Friday after 10pm, all day saturday and sunday.

With what like 7 teams we should try and make a day of it, if we start late on Friday there is no way every team would finish all their matches if we are going a best 2/3.
Are there going to be any sort of Refs watching the matches and keeping track of the wins/loss and team advancements/match setups?

Doomsify

I was thinking screen shots.

And I know some of the players are going away for two weeks beginning of August, and I wanted to start it next week.