Laser Rifle - fire() bug

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Also, we should fix the constant firing bugs when you play with the LR. Typing in fire() in the console every 2 minutes is annoying.

Xzanth

Legions Developer
Also, we should fix the constant firing bugs when you play with the LR. Typing in fire() in the console every 2 minutes is annoying.
If I could reproduce it reliably I'd fix it but without any indication as to what causes it, fixing it would take too long.

Last edited:

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Spectating enabled on hotswap for the moment as the projectile bug doesn't seem to be present there.

If I could reproduce it reliably I'd fix it but without any indication as to what causes it, fixing it would take too long.
There is some weird interaction between the LR charging mechanic and the bug. If I don't charge, the bug doesn't happen. Not sure if that helps at all.

Fixious

Test Lead
I'm talking with Xzanth in IRC at the moment about it. To reproduce it (well, one way to repro it):

Make sure Laser Rifle is your first weapon.
Charge it fully and either fire and die or just die while it's charged. Respawn.
Upon respawn your LR shouldn't auto-fire, however switch to your second weapon and it will. Switch to Laser and that too will auto fire.

Xzanth

Legions Developer
There is some weird interaction between the LR charging mechanic and the bug. If I don't charge, the bug doesn't happen. Not sure if that helps at all.
Fixious just discovered how to reproduce. Turns out you don't encounter the bug if in your loadout you have the laser rifle as your second weapon. Might try and fix it if I don't get bored.

Fixious

Test Lead
This is apparently still an issue even after at latest patch. I've attempted to reproduce it but can't. To those who have encountered it within the last few days, what exactly seems to cause it?

This is apparently still an issue even after at latest patch. I've attempted to reproduce it but can't. To those who have encountered it within the last few days, what exactly seems to cause it?

I managed to produce the bug after an hour of trolling with the sniper rifle. Take the LR as first weapon and rocket as second. When you spawn, go to rocket and hold fire button while spamming rocket and DONT LET GO, switch to LR (AGAIN DONT LET GO, dont even try to charge it) and then back to rocket and let go of fire button. It will automatically fire the rocket.

The glitch doesn't occur when you switch from LR to rocket. Only rocket to LR and then back to rocket.

You get the fire glitch when you spawn because the moments before you last died, you used rocket and then when you spawn, the game makes you use LR since its your first weapon, but then when you eventually switch to rocket, the fire bug starts up.

That's why using rocket as first weapon and LR second weapon temporarily fixed it. Because it switched up the orders. When you spawn, you automatically have rocket first.

Edit: clarification

Last edited: