Community Montage

Levi

Hey guys! I'm making a montage that will include a clips from anybody that wants to be in it. If you want your clip in the montage, just send it to me! And please have it in the 800X600 ratio.
Thanks, Ima

Levi

Not that size, just that ratio! But it doesn't really matter. And I'm using demos, people can just send me the demos and tell me where the clips are and I'll record it. But I didn't wanna post this thread on the demo drop thread cause it's a separate project

Fixious

Test Lead
Not that size, just that ratio!

Ph6Ei.gif

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Hey guys! I'm making a montage that will include a clips from anybody that wants to be in it. If you want your clip in the montage, just send it to me! And please have it in the 800X600 ratio.
Thanks, Ima

So you mean the 4:3 Ratio?

Not only don't you not understand key terms, 4:3 ratio is terrible for youtube/vimeo/everything. The standard ratio is 16:9 which has resoultion sizes of 1920 by 1080 and 1280 by 720. These resolutions are what you want to be filming in. If you don't have a monitor of this size don't bother trying to make a montage because it just won't look good when you upload it to aforementioned websites.

That being said the idea for a community montage isn't bad, I feel a Tribes Legacy video but for legions is a good idea now considering the size of the community and the fact that the game is pretty much dead.

Levi

Jeeeeez no need to get uptight guys... It was just an idea.. And *Fireblasto*, sorry to burst your bubble but I've already done a couple montages... I know how to make them.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Well would you look at that! Levi, did you really not notice how seriously *danced* up that aspect ratio is?

Levi

I thoroughly apologize for trying to make a community montage. I can delete this thread if you want

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Jeeeeez no need to get uptight guys...

I'm not sure you noticed but here's where I said in this thread it wasn't a bad idea:

That being said the idea for a community montage isn't bad, I feel a Tribes Legacy video but for legions is a good idea now considering the size of the community and the fact that the game is pretty much dead.

It was just an idea.. And *Fireblasto*, sorry to burst your bubble but I've already done a couple montages... I know how to make them.

That's cool, I quite liked your music choices in the montage that Fixious linked, and other than the quality/aspect ratio issues of the video and beginner editing I really liked it.

I thoroughly apologize for trying to make a community montage. I can delete this thread if you want

No don't I am actually interested in making this a reality as long as people supply demo's. I am more than happy to edit said video as I have all the software and technical expertise to make such a video.

wow. i will not have myself embarrassed in a montage by levi. things like these aren't done overnight plsmen. if you are serious about it, you play on max**graphix and endure the shitty framrate that your toaster produces. then you beg all the good active people, even the old ones, to contribute clips. you might even have to go and steal some clips from phanakakaapalajan. then you shall spend the rest of your life producing something worthy of the title "community montage" WHILE featuring the song selfie.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Nope. It's always a nice idea. But please, accept feedback from people who know what they're talking about. Use demos (it's way easier to get them to you, and they provide options that you would otherwise not have - also, it streamlines the footage's appearance), play them back at the maximum quality that your system can handle, and capture the whole thing in the correct aspect ratio (because whatever you do, if the aspect ratio is *danced*, the montage is *danced*).

Blink

Since you're using demos, if you want I can process them for you. I can record the bits you want at 1080p and 60 fps, export as mp4, and send them to you via mediafire. Does that work for you? I love your idea, dude.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Since you're using demos, if you want I can process them for you. I can record the bits you want at 1080p and 60 fps, export as mp4, and send them to you via mediafire. Does that work for you? I love your idea, dude.

It's a good idea but that's not going to be the best thing to do. His internet speed probably isn't fibre and his computer might not be up to scratch in terms of just rendering the video once he is done editing it.

Levi

Blink, we could also just forget the idea about a community montage and just make a dualtage!