Is this game "alive"?

Zero

Hey there!

I've been searching around to find a tribes ascend type of game, which isn't completely ruined now, and i stumbled upon this beauty. I've watched a couple of trailers and it looks very promising, so naturally, i decided to download the launcher and get to it.
The only problem i faced was that every single server that was available had 0 players on 'em.
So i'm wondering, is this game played enough, to actually enter a game with others, and if so, when might be the peak hours, or when are the most players online in general?

I'm hoping to get a (positive) answer soon, because this game looks really promising in my eyes!

Jello

Contributor
Hey there!

I've been searching around to find a tribes ascend type of game, which isn't completely ruined now, and i stumbled upon this beauty. I've watched a couple of trailers and it looks very promising, so naturally, i decided to download the launcher and get to it.
The only problem i faced was that every single server that was available had 0 players on 'em.
So i'm wondering, is this game played enough, to actually enter a game with others, and if so, when might be the peak hours, or when are the most players online in general?

I'm hoping to get a (positive) answer soon, because this game looks really promising in my eyes!

Yes it is but only the weekends. Why? because most of the players have school...If there are ever any players on the weekday it would be from 5pm-11pm EST. Other than that the player base is really low. Advertising would be a great way to go but the devs are not ready to do that yet..and if you ever wanna check to see if there are any players on the easy way just visit this website http://ls.xzanth.com/. Summer should bring a couple players back but I doubt many will be on/return. It's a great game by the way..(when there are players on)

Zero

First of all, thanks for the fast answer :)

It might be a problem that 5 pm - 11pm EST means 11 pm - 5 am in my timezone. Nevertheless, i'm going to try and "fit into that schedule" and see if i can find a good routine to play along with.

Another question that just came to mind:
Is this game under heavy development, as you said that the devs are not ready to advertise yet?

Fixious

Test Lead
Is this game under heavy development, as you said that the devs are not ready to advertise yet?

Heavy? No. There's really only one main developer at the moment, with a few community members helping out with specific tasks from time to time. It's possible that Legions may get advertised to a wider audience sometime 'soon', though. If things get worked out we'll definitely make an announcement.

Stubbsy

Contributor
Heavy? No. There's really only one main developer at the moment, with a few community members helping out with specific tasks from time to time. It's possible that Legions may get advertised to a wider audience sometime 'soon', though. If things get worked out we'll definitely make an announcement.
Has anyone from the team mentioned anything about advertising soon? Or is that your personal guess?

Armageddon

Teapot
Assuming it doesn't go against any of the signed contracts, it's possible it may go through.

And monkeys might fly outta my ass. The game is great if you can get the hang of it, but honestly we are on year 7 now (for those of you at home counting) from the IA beta. How much has changed can be spit into a tea spoon. How much will change will probably be even less. Don't mark me as a Harbinger of the end but each time you launch the game it will be at that moment as good as it ever will be.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Sad to say it but the game is dead (nothing new under the sun). I think its too late for any ads, its been 4 years and almost nothing done to get people to play, so why bother now when your playerbase is around 20(in very good days!). Nobody can take the blame for this, all the developers did their best... It has been done.

PS: the term „SOON” should be banned from these servers ;) .

Jello

Contributor
I can see the dev's faces right now like..."all of you shut the *dance* up" face, and I'm pretty sure this thread's gotten all the feedback it needs...Nuke?

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
b310WB9.gif

Fixious

Test Lead
I'll come back once a few new maps have been added. I'd like to see all the newest ones at least added to the server but not official rotation, so we can switch things up every now and then.

remove dodge and boost core, remove the weapons that aren't even used, make new maps, edit the ones that can be fixed, and have weekly pugs. these are the simple steps to making the game better.

realize that the only reason all of these new weapons and cores were added was to make newer players come around but the only people who will ever continue to play the game at this current state are the people who are already playing.

don't ruin the game for the people that are already here for the very small chance of bringing in newer players.

I don't expect people to get in ts3 for pugs either. i don't wanna go in ts3 everyday and see the only people in there are 15 devs in the same private channel who don't take criticism lightly.

Reactions: nil

Fixious

Test Lead
remove dodge and boost core, remove the weapons that aren't even used, make new maps, edit the ones that can be fixed, and have weekly pugs. these are the simple steps to making the game better.

I have no interest in whether or not Dodge stays or goes. If it gets removed, fine. It's primarily used for dueling since it got the speed nerf. I use Boost for my cheap Frostbyte backroutes, so...sure. I don't really care if it gets removed either.

If a weapon isn't being used by a lot of people I don't really see the need to remove it. I mean, of all the weapons I'd say the Plasma is used the least. It's incredibly weak and overheats like the chaingun. It has a sorta useful movement ability, but again no one really uses it. It can push people around, which can be useful on a map like Zenith where the HoF has very little remove to stand. But again, if it get removed I wouldn't throw a fit.

Plenty of new maps have been made. Defender and Hi! have made a lot over the last year or so. But as I pointed out a while ago, the fact that they're all client-side hurts their playability. Sever-side maps would be great, and something Pop sorta looked into but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd also like to see a lot of their maps simply added to the server but not official rotation. Out of pure boredom I got Quarry working in 1.40. Everyone just loved Quarry, right?

If Triad were still interested he could throw up a 'classic' server, since he has all the older files. Basically launch-day Legions: Overdrive, though we both agree that it'd be better if it had a few 1.40 features as well. But that's entirely up to him. Poke him in TS3 about it.