Teleporter Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jello

Contributor
Umm I dont know if its a bug or not but for some reason the teleporters are not being saved....this has unfortunately happened to me in the past...is it because of where I paste the code?, I simply copied the code Fixious gave me and pasted it onto the notepad where my map is located but nothing is saved...

This video show's it better:

Fixious

Test Lead
Weird. Try one or all of the following after making a backup of your map:
  • Not updating the patcher after saving the mission.
  • Setting the .mis file to Read Only after you've saved your changes.
  • While in the Editor and the teleporters show up, go to File > Save Mission As and overwrite the file (will have to un-checkRead Only for this).
  • After you've placed the teleporters in the map, click on each teleporter and copy its Position data.

t5N8Qq2.png

Then paste it into the 'position' field in the code for each teleporter. Do the same for their triggers as well.

Jello

Contributor
Weird. Try one or all of the following after making a backup of your map:
  • Not updating the patcher after saving the mission.
I've done this but once I exit out my launcher it automatically updates it and they get errased...

• Setting the .mis file to Read Only after you've saved your changes.
  • While in the Editor and the teleporters show up, go to File > Save Mission As and overwrite the file (will have to un-checkRead Only for this).
I've done these as well neither work

• After you've placed the teleporters in the map, click on each teleporter and copy its Position data.
Then paste it into the 'position' field in the code for each teleporter. Do the same for their triggers as well.

I will try this one, as a last resort

Jello

Contributor

This seemed to have done the trick, thank you, now I will do one last thing before I post it up, you can go ahead and lock the thread, once again thank you, I just need someone's help on editing the terrain. I suck at it, *painting wise*

Status
Not open for further replies.