Just some suggestions

Do u want to see these in your game?

• Total voters

Mr. Majestic

Some suggestions smokesoul and I were just discussing, and thought I would share. Here are some of the stuff we talked about:

- Rag doll
I am all for the exploding into pieces upon death. I just cracked up the first time I saw it happen, but maybe for certain instances of death you could go into a rag doll mode instead of exploding, though exploding would make sense for all deaths. Maybe you can go rag doll upon death from being shot by a certain weapon. Also what I thought would be pretty awesome is if killed by a sniper shot, the body part which was struck would fly off, but the rest of the body goes into rag doll.

- Proper foot placement
A wise man once said "its the little things in a game that impress me" so i'm thinking someone could take the extra step to turn this:

diagram.jpg

Into this:

diagram 2.jpg

(behold my magnificent paint skills)

-Better scoping
I'm just thinking about a cooler scoping method for the sniper, like maybe a visible attached scope and a cooler look when you do scope, for example you can see the edges of the scope. And maybe a iron sights for other guns, though this is probably hard and might be weird since all the guns are huge.

-Passive cores
I'm talking about stuff like cores for additional energy, health or ammo. like in Tribes 2 you could get the ammunition pack, the energy pack and so forth. Also maybe the shielding could be power-dependent. And I wouldn't mind seeing a cloak core in the game.

Mr. Majestic

Another one i just thought of... is a hold-able shield, a physical shield that takes up one of the gun slots. but it can be only available for sentinels or something, just a thought.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
-Better scoping
http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/sniper-scope.4222/ This is a pretty cool scope , I use it and think it even helps aim( not that I hit much anyways ~)~). I've been tinkering with the idea of making it an option. I guess ill put it on 'the list'.

Rets arnt very hard to make , you could do iron sights pretty easily since you like to draw. There must be some very old tuts around here on the process.

-Passive cores
I've been opposed to this in PT forums in the past. Cores should be super moves as cool as and as much of an impact as Overdrive has on how a player plays imotbh. They can do cool things and give a residual passive but not just equip and forget. Cloak dont count though , that would be nice to have if engineer ever gets fixed and sensors are a thing.

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/sniper-scope.4222/ This is a pretty cool scope , I use it and think it even helps aim( not that I hit much anyways ~)~). I've been tinkering with the idea of making it an option. I guess ill put it on 'the list'.

Rets arnt very hard to make , you could do iron sights pretty easily since you like to draw. There must be some very old tuts around here on the process.

By iron sights, I believe he means looking down the barrel. In that case, you can't do that with just rets. You would have to move either the player camera or the position of the gun.

uTQbD7U.png

Last edited:

Mr. Majestic

Well it wouldn't have to be permanent iron sights, just instead of only just zooming in when u press "e" or whatever key you bound to zoom you can go this "iron sights" mode (basically just looking down the barrel if we go with fixious's thing) and maybe improved accuracy but slower movement while scoping/iron sighting.

Defender

Anything is possible, my friend :D
Its possible, I coded a cloak core in my older mod, that switchs your current armor datablock to one that is invisible, then back to the visible armor when the cloak core runs low on energy.

it would be much simpler if %Player.setCloaked(true);
Was still functioning in the engine..

Jaymyster

COMPLETELY UNRELATED POST- HOWEVER A RELEVANT SUGGESTION

I didn't want to make a separate thread for something so simple so I'm just responding to a "just some suggestions" thread.

The life of your character in game stays green all the way until 50% life which sends a completely false message of the status of your health in battle. Much of the time (unless you put the % of your health to display on your cross-hair, which most don't) the color of one's health is a strong gauge for determining your own health (especially in the heat of battle). For enemies/allies however, their health goes to yellow at 75%-25% and then orange from 25%-0. So it's inconsistent with the color scheme of one's own health bar. It'd be nice if in an upcoming update, the health bar color scheme was made consistent so that your own health bar turns orange at 75%-25% instead of at 50%-25%. I know this is something that we could definitely switch easily on our end (incoming fixi fix?), but it just makes more sense to change this for everyone playing the game, especially because it's already inconsistent as it currently stands. One final reason why I find this change to be important is because at 75%, if the color was changed, you would be instantly aware that you are able to die from a rocket MA (as outrider).

57thEnryu

Ummm, I used to have a hud that made your screen glow red when you were low health, it shouldn't be too hard for me to recreate...

Sry, I was thinking of this while reading your statement...

Fixious

Test Lead
(incoming fixi fix?)

Pretty sure this does what you're asking. Open up Legions\game\client\gui\scripts\gameUI.cs, and replace everything between // Health --- and // Weapon & Item Ammo --- (lines 53-77) with this:

Code:
        // Health ---

HealthProgress.setValue(%hP);
        $health = %hP;

if($Pref::Hud::DynamicBars)
        {
            if(%hP <= (3/4) && (%hP >= (1/4))) {HealthProgressProfile.fillColor = "187 84 0 255";}
            else if(%hP <= (1/4)) {HealthProgressProfile.fillColor = "135 0 0 255";}
            else {HealthProgressProfile.fillColor = "0 125 29 255";}
        }
        else HealthProgressProfile.fillColor = "0 125 29 255";

if(($Pref::Hud::NumericHP !$= "Off") && !$Pref::Hud::NumericHP)
        {
            HealthText.setText("<just:right>" @ (%hV @ "%"));
            HealthText2.setText("<just:right>" @ (%hV @ "%"));

if(%hP <= (3/4) && (%hP >= (1/4))) {HealthTextProfile.fontColor = "255 96 0 255"; HealthTextProfile2.fontColor = "255 96 0 255";}
            else if(%hP <= (1/4)) {HealthTextProfile.fontColor = "255 0 0 255"; HealthTextProfile2.fontColor = "255 0 0 255";}
            else {HealthTextProfile.fontColor = "0 255 0 255"; HealthTextProfile2.fontColor = "0 255 0 255";}
        }
        else {HealthText.setText(""); HealthText2.setText("");}

// Weapon & Item Ammo ---

57thEnryu

See now question, this relies off of % of total health, so for sentinel this will display way differently. I mean it will definitely help me in standoffs since I have a bad habit of holding onto the flag a sew seconds too long, but the 99% of the time I'm hof it will get annoying as *garsh*. Is there a way to make this flag holding dependant (aka if player is holding the flag it will display health warning earlier than otherwise)?

Fixious

Test Lead
So you only want it to turn orange at 50% if you're holding the flag, and turn orange at 75% when not holding the flag?

Fixious

Test Lead
Bleh. I can't get it working. Trying to use this:

Code:
if(%hP <= (3/4) && (%hP >= (1/4)) && %player.inventory["Flag"] == 1) {
HealthProgressProfile.fillColor = "187 84 0 255";
} ...

57thEnryu

Maybe you need to have both options, so something like

Code:
if(%hP <= (3/4) && (%hP >= (1/4)) && %player.inventory["Flag"] == 1) { HealthProgressProfile.fillColor = "187 84 0 255";
}

if(%hP <= (1/2) && (%hP >= (1/4)) && %player.inventory["Flag"] == 0) { HealthProgressProfile.fillColor = "187 84 0 255";
}